Thursday, May 24, 2012

First round of inspections

Plumbing went fine. Electrical dinged me for a few  minor things (not having a clamp on my gas connection, for instance), and those things will be fixed today, with the reinspect on Friday.

The building department also dinged me for a few  minor things (secure the AC condenser outside, install a door to cover the space beneath the outside stairs), and they also resurrected the issue of the egress window in the back bedroom. The inspector said I need an egress window there, even though THE EXACT SAME INSPECTOR said it wasn't needed last time he inspected. No use in arguing, or else they'll find more things.

So, that means I have to have the architect amend the plans, so the back bedroom will no longer be a bedroom, but will now be an office.

No comments:

Post a Comment