Thursday, April 5, 2012

More progress

I'm pretty stressed out, but I'm getting closer. Here's where I'm at now:
-- The upstairs bedrooms are completely painted, the light fixtures, outlets, and smoke alarms are installed. All that's left is the trim, which is no big deal
-- The new electric line has finally been approved by the city. In a few business days PSE&G will have the approval and they will disconnect the old line
-- In the living room, the floors are being worked on as I write this (I say worked on because the front 4 feet is a concrete floor from an enclosed porch. It needs some finessing before it is ready for the wood flooring). I really really hope it can be finished by EOD Friday
-- Light fixtures and outlets are up in the living room, but it still needs priming and painting
-- In the kitchen, the outlets are in, as well as the flooring. The cabinets will arrive today, and I will assemble and install them tomorrow. The kitchen, as well as the lower level, still needs priming and painting

On Saturday I plan to apply the underlayment for the bathroom floors. It will need 24 hours to set before I can actually apply the tile, which I intend to start on Wednesday. The appliances come Thursday, and I'll do more tile work on Friday, with the goal of finishing at least one bathroom. Managing the work helps me manage the stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment