Monday, August 2, 2010

Snaking the sewer line

It seems simple enough. I can't get permits from the city until the MUA signs off on the plans. After three weeks of reviewing the plans the MUA said they want a DVD of the condition of the house's sewer line.

I get a plumber to come out and he opens the main pipe in the house, which is wedged against the wall in a weird angle (of course). He can't snake the camera in very far because it's getting caught in the sink trap. He pulls out the toilet on the main level and tries through there. No go. The pipes are so rusted and full of crud that he can't get his apparatus through.

So now we have to pull out the sink and dig into the ground to access the pipe at the sink trap. And then (hopefully) they can run the camera through to the sewer line. If I could check this DURING the construction process, when ALL the pipes will be ripped up, life would be a little bit easier.

This on top of the busted radiator in my truck this weekend. I'm not complaining. Really, I'm not.

No comments:

Post a Comment